Home Health Supplies

We have a patient who has an order to d/c foley catheter and begin using straight cath 4-5 times a day. Is home health responsible to provide these supplies? She is a Medicare patient and also has Medicaid.
Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Yes, it is bundled

Susan G. Johnsen, RN, MSN, COS-C
    Director, Patient Care. LLUMC Home Health Care
    ph: 909 558 3285

• Yes the provision of the straight catheters are the Homecare agency's responsibility while the Pt is under your care.

Melody Ford RN BSN CRNI
    Director of Clinical Services, Owner
    ABF Home Health Services, LLC
    P: 586-477-1402
    F: 586-477-1413
    www.abfhomehealth.com

• Hi,

We have patients on service requiring wound care, they are also patients at our hospital's wound clinic. We are hemorrhaging money providing all of the expensive specialty wound dressings. Now the wound clinic is inquiring if we can provide gradient compression stockings, AFO Boots, Prevlon Boots etc. We contacted pharmacy/DME companies in our area and they said most insurances will not cover compression stockings - they are considered cash & carry, they thought the Boots could possibly be covered, and not bundled with the Home Health payment. Do any other agencies provide such specialty items for wound care; such as dressings (Optifoam Gentle AG; Optilock etc.) How do you deal with the expense, do you have a formulary of supplies that are comparable, but not as costly? Any ideas appreciated.

Ellie
    CCMH Home Health
    Carrollton, MO
    (660) 542-3301
  • As the standard in home health is "clean" not sterile, you might consider (as Medicaid does) providing a certain number of catheters per month with the patient using a cleaning solution and re-using the catheters a certain number of times. If you use the Medicaid standard in your state, I think you would be in a very safe spot legally.

Joanne Sopko, RN, MSN
    Alpha Omega Home Health, LLC
    Elkton, MI
  • Good Work i appreciate you...!!!!

• now a days health become more costly and in india alternative medicine is more popular to find best alternative doctors and hospitals.
    Ayurvedic doctors in Bangalore
    Naturopathy Hospitals in Hyderabad
    Ayurveda hospitals in Mumbai
    Naturopathy Hospitals in India

• CBD oil. Alternative medicine is more accepted nowadays due to its promising results unlike pharmaceutical medicine, alternative medicine doesn’t give a negative effect such as kidney and liver problems when it comes to long term use. As for my alternative medicine usage, I use medical marijuana. The different strain has a variety of uses and effects depending on your needs. Like this marijuana strain https://blimburnseeds.com/news/marijuana/medical/is-it-safe-to-use-cbd-during-pregnancy/. This strain has a very potent effect on chronic pains like back pain and joint pain and a lot more. The benefits of marijuana, specifically the CBD cannabinoid, are undeniable. Let's take a look at all of the ways CBD is helping patients every day.

• Orchard Manor View
    Is a stunning, new, uniquely luxurious care home, based in Leicester, where our passion lies in making a positive impact upon our residents, our neighbours and our community.
    Orchard Manor View is located within a quiet residential area, providing a peaceful, safe and secure environment surrounded by relaxing grounds perfect for a holistic care setting.

Our mission is to bring warmth, independence, care, and support to our residents so that we can improve their quality of life and provide peace of mind in a clean, comfortable, safe and friendly environment.

• Moving to residential care homes Leicester can be an emotional time for both residents and their families. However, if you follow these simple suggestions it can be a very positive experience for everyone involved.

• Have you tried CBD OIL as an alternative? CBD Oil is from the flower of Cannabis and now can Relief Pains but soon it will be a cure in people especially in curing Cancerous people. I may be looking forward to this and I am always! but for now, I guess we could start planting cannabis for the future and start searching seeds to plant. In researching I across this page kylekushman.com/topic/best-soil-for-indoor-grow/

• Cancer Care
    In Home Cancer Care Leicester

Caring for a loved one with cancer.

Cancer Care For Seniors
    “You have Cancer” are the three words you never want to hear. It is very critical to have the support of family and friends, however it can be very difficult to provide the right type of support. Often as the loved one, we go in to a mode of wanting to fix everything. Home Cancer Care Leicester, This can be challenging to not only yourself but your loved one who had been diagnosed with cancer. Finding the right ways to provide the support that you all need it the first step in dealing with cancer.
    What should you do when you learn that your elderly family member is suffering from a terminal illness and has less than six months to live? Well for one thing

• I must say there are multiple diseases that are unable to cure. Unfortunately, no reliable cure of AMD capable of reversing the macular damage exists, though a handful of treatments aimed at slowing the progress and damage of the disease are there. However, there’s one innovative solution that can still help you, one that gets you as close as it can be in seeing the faces of your loved ones again. Macular degeneration glasses, an innovative solution that have given countless people a second chance at life, A second chance at Seeing Clearly and Living Fully!